Data Policy and Use of Personal Data
Definition: Personal Data includes any data about an individual who can be identified from that data, such as your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone numbers, address, email address and any other information relating to individuals, which you have provided to us .
Personal Data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) and are kept confidential and secure.
SIMM collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to process your application for any of the training courses offered by SIMM;
- to provide you with the services you have requested and to maintain our relationship with you;
- to assess your suitability for our training courses and services and for statistical analysis;
- to perform identity verification, sanctions screening and due diligence checks as may be required under applicable law or regulation;
- to improve our training courses and services and to conduct market research and surveys;
- to advertise and market our training courses and services;
- to manage customer feedback or complaints.
You agreed that any information provided by you in the application form or via on-line registration, at our request or otherwise collected during your study in SIMM may be disclosed for any of the purposes specified above. Your Personal Data may also be disclosed to the following parties:
- any other party approved by you or any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by law or permitted under the terms of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012;
- any court, regulator, enforcement agency or other authority where SIMM is required to do so by applicable law or regulation.
SIMM retains Personal Data for as long as is appropriate to fulfil our business obligations in accordance with applicable law or regulation. The Personal Data will be ceased once the retention is no longer required.
As SIMM relies on your Personal Data to provide training courses and services to you, you shall ensure that at all times the information provided by you to us is correct, accurate and complete. You shall update us in a timely manner of changes to the information provided to us.
SIMM has in place security measures to safeguard your Personal Data to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
SIMM will not transfer Personal Data to a country or territory outside Singapore except in accordance with the requirements prescribed under the PDPA.
If SIMM was already in possession of your Personal Data prior to 02 July 2014, we may have been using your Personal Data to market training courses or services to you via various communication channels. If you wish to make changes to your preferred choices for us to get in touch with you, please visit SIMM Corporate Office at 9 Ah Hood Road, #04-06, EASB Building, S(329975) or call our Secretariat at tel: 6653 1233.
You are entitled at any time to request a copy of your Personal Data held by us and to update and correct any inaccurate information about you. Please make request in writing to SIMM Corporate Office at 9 Ah Hood Road, #04-06, EASB Building, S(329975).
Please visit the Singapore Personal Data Commission’s website - www.pdpc.gov.sg for more information about PDPA.